[Bf-cycles] still memory problem with cuLaunch on GTX780Ti 3GB with empty scene

Lukas Stockner lukas.stockner at freenet.de
Wed Sep 16 01:01:46 CEST 2015

I noticed on Mint 17.1 that if you ran out of GPU memory before, subsequent
renders will sometimes also fail, even if they usually work (like an empty
scene). After rebooting or restarting the X server, the same scene works
again.
I suppose that this is a problem with the memory handling in the
proprietary
Linux kernel, which would mean it's outside of Cycles' influence.

On Di., Sep. 15, 2015 at 2:56 nachm., Thomas Dinges < blender at dingto.org