[Bf-cycles] still memory problem with cuLaunch on GTX780Ti 3GB with empty scene

Thomas Dinges blender at dingto.org
Tue Sep 15 20:56:23 CEST 2015

This is pretty much a known issue, since day 1 of the experimental
kernel. We added the experimental kernel for features such as SSS, which
are the cause of the memory peak (or rather SSS enabled as part of our
mega kernel).
The only real solution here will be the CUDA split kernel. That split
might still happen later this year, it's on our todo list.

Until then, as Brecht said, use it at your own risk.