[Bf-cycles] still memory problem with cuLaunch on GTX780Ti 3GB with empty scene

Piotr Arlukowicz piotao at polskikursblendera.pl
Tue Sep 15 19:54:11 CEST 2015

Thank you Brecht, I understand this and that's OK with memory, but... still
1.5GB is not enough even for empty scene... ? Come on! :)
I was so desperate that I started to look which GTX should I buy. Surely
980Ti with 6GiB is a great graphics card, but WILL it work?

Few months ago Cycles worked in experimental mode just very well and as I
don't require it to be bulletproof, this memory lag just kicks me out :(
Sorry for sharing personal mood on the list. I hope somebody can advice
what to do. Because I don't know if 6GB will be enough, and then there is
also Titan with 12GB...

regards
pio

​Piotr