[Bf-cycles] Cycles standalone questions

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 19:41:09 CET 2015

Hi,

While documentation could indeed be improved, you should consider looking
into existing standalone application which has all basics implemented. Some
more extese examples could be found in the blender integration.

Basically to cancel rendering you have to call:
session->progress.set_cancel("Canceled")

You can also check around session->progress.set_cancel_callback from the
Blender integration to see how cancel is integrated there.

On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 11:28 PM, haggi krey <haggi at haggi.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm not sure if this is the correct list to ask. But I could not find
> another ressource.
> So if I'm wrong here it would be great if you could give me a hint where
> to search so some support about Cycles.
>
> So what do I want?
> I plan to implement Cycles into Autodesk Maya. I have built a framework
> to implement 3rd party renderers into Maya was works quite fine with
> Appleseed and others.
> Because I already implemented some OSL translation from Maya to
> Appleseed I thought it could be an interesting idea to reuse the whole
> system to do the same with Cycles.
> I started with the Cycles standalone, compiled it and try to write a
> simple application which creates a triangle and renders it.
> Well, interestingly it already seems to work even if I did not throw
> anyting into the scene yet, what means Cycles is a really well designed
> renderer.
>
> But I'm a bit lost how the whole system works. I could not find any
> documentation of the methods or params.
> e.g. how can I stop a rendering? I created a session and started it what
> seems to start a rendering:
>
>      session->start();
> To block the process unti it it finished I do:
>      session->wait();
> But the process seems to to end and waits for something. The last log
> line says:
>
> Sample 800 Done: Path Tracing Tile 80/80, Sample 10/10
>
> Thanks for any support.
>
> haggi

With best regards, Sergey Sharybin