[Bf-cycles] Progressively slower animation renders

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 09:58:34 CET 2015

Hi,

There were some reports like this in the tracker and so far root of the
issue was some weird addons being enabled. So please test if rendering with
no addons enabled (doing factory startup) helps.

It's also not totally clear, is it consistent slowdown? Meaning, if you
re-start blender after it started to do slow rendering and render same
frame, will it render faster?

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 1:26 PM, Cezary Kopias <cezary.kopias at gmail.com>
wrote:

> without a blend its hard/impossible to assume something but in turntables
> render time should be roughly the same
>
> On 28 October 2015 at 23:05, Matthew Heimlich <matt.heimlich at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I'm rendering a pretty simple turnaround of a single animated object.
>> Screen space taken up by the object is more or less the same across all of
>> the frames. However, render time is going up dramatically with each
>> additional frame. The first frame rendered in 7 minutes. On frame 5 render
>> time is now up to 35 minutes. Before I try to isolate the issue in a scene
>> that I'm allowed to share and put in a bug report, any ideas what might be
>> causing this that I may have overlooked?
>>
>> Using master on Win7 x64 built on Oct 27.

With best regards, Sergey Sharybin