[Bf-cycles] Cycles standalone questions

haggi krey haggi at haggi.de
Sun Nov 1 13:09:11 CET 2015

Hi,

I made some progress with compiling everything on windows with the MDd
flag. Fortunatly the Appleseed developers offer a similiar dependencies
collection for their renderer and I simply used their releases.
Some errors appeard concerning OSL during compilation. I think the
reason is that Appleseed uses a much newer version of OSL/OIIO than
Cycles. Then I had a look at the original dependencies collection from
blender which I used to compile the standalone the first time. There I
can read the OSL version is 1.5.11. So I downloaded the tagged version
1.5.11 form OpenShadingLanguage on github and the corresponding OIIO
library and compiled them. Now I tried to compile Cycles and got an error:

5>..\..\..\..\src\kernel\osl\osl_closures.cpp(182): error C2660:
'OSL::ShadingSystem::register_closure' : function does not take 6 arguments

The method is called by:
/ss->register_closure(name, id, params, prepare, NULL, 16);/

I had a closer look at the OSL github repository and could see that the
definition of register_closure does not contain the last argument at all
until version 1.6.2dev version.

pre 1.6.2:
void register_closure (string_view name, int id, const ClosureParam
*params, PrepareClosureFunc prepare, SetupClosureFunc setup);

since 1.6.2:
void register_closure (string_view name, int id, const ClosureParam
*params, PrepareClosureFunc prepare, SetupClosureFunc setup, *int
alignment = 1*);

Now I'm confused. Which release is the correct one?

haggi