[Bf-cycles] Cycles Standalone third-party Integration with XML API

Thomas Dinges blender at dingto.org
Thu May 21 21:03:07 CEST 2015

Hi Prayaag,
answers inline.

Am 21.05.2015 um 20:54 schrieb Prayaag Kasundra:

> Hi all,
>
> I have been asking few question in #BlenderCoders IRC which I earlier
> thought would be right forum for asking. But it seems this Cycles
> mailing list would be the right place.
>
> We are integrating Standalone cycles with our 3D design application.
> We are able to generate basic XML from our application which contains
> camera, meshes/vertices, etc. But we are running into problem in
> shaders/materials.  Although we can generate needed XML for it from
> our application, we don’t  know what XML config is required for some
> of shader nodes (When referring to nodes available in blender
> integrate cycles).

Cool, great to see Cycles being used in various environments. :)

> I have following question. It would be great if someone can answer them.
>
> 1.Which material/shader node aren’t supported by XML API at all ?  ETA
> on support for any of them? (Basically want to know which nodes might
> take months to arrive in XML APIs)

As far as I know, all nodes are wrapped in the XML API. There are some
settings missing I guess (integrator..), but the nodes should be
complete. If not, this can be fixed easily. Just tell us if something
doesn't work.

> 2.How do we define uv config in XML for <image_texture> node to work ?

UV Coordinates support is not supported in XML yet I think, have to
double check.

> 3.We require bump node badly . Is this supported ?

Bump Node is indeed missing in the API, will fix today.

> I know this is too personal request. But please provide little help in
> XML api. We are using cycles in serious product. I am not ace coder
> and can't understand cycles source code so can't promise to contribute
> to it. But we will certainly contribute in creating wiki and spreading
> word out and contributing and into getting Cycles standalone used by
> lot more people.
>
> Thanks
>
> Prayaag

Best regards,