[Bf-cycles] Should the Glass Node only colorize the refractive part?

Zauber Paracelsus zauber at gridmail.org
Wed May 13 16:47:02 CEST 2015

AFAIK, the glass node is used for more than just glass, so a change like
that may break some existing materials.  I think that the desired effect
could be accomplished by using a mix node with two Glass BSDF's, using
Geometry->Backfacing as input:

Nodes:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-b24DAom16IM/VVNjSj32GTI/AAAAAAAAExk/drAK--GUFB8/s728/MoreRealisticGlassNodes.png
Render:
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-tQt9ZBJZ2Ww/VVNjSVH_JAI/AAAAAAAAExk/k4NRN7u8GeM/s512/MoreRealisticRender.png

I don't know if this is 100% accurate, though.