[Bf-cycles] Would it be possible to implement CPU render for one layer and GPU for other?

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 20:19:48 CET 2015

Hi,

Just to clarify:

Doing per-render layer device is quite tricky and something we'll actually
want to support. It is just easier to link things into separate scenes and
choose render device there. It should allow you to use GPU for one things
and CPU for others.

Doing CPU and GPU at the same time is also tricky and apart form your
really specific case doesn't make much benefit. Mainly because of different
feature sets, different precision issues and other jazz which makes renders
different between CPU and GPU.

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 1:13 AM, ertuqueque <ertuqueque at gmail.com> wrote:

> @gandalf, Gottfried
>
> Boy, how could I be so stupid and miss that trick of setting the smoke in
> another scene?!...
>
> Excuse my stupidity!... This should improve my rendertimes to about 1:30h
> per frame or even less.
>
> Thank you very much for pointing this out!
>
> Have a nice day!
> tuqueque.

With best regards, Sergey Sharybin