[Bf-cycles] Would it be possible to implement CPU render for one layer and GPU for other?

gandalf3 zzyxpaw at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 20:41:26 CET 2015

Maybe if you rendered the smoke first, then replaced the renderlayer
node with an image sequence node pointing to the smoke render? It might
be a bit slower, but this way you would avoid huge multilayer exr files
for the first renderlayer..

The only other solution I can think of is using multiple scenes.
See some of these:
http://blender.stackexchange.com/q/15286/599
http://blender.stackexchange.com/q/6277/599
http://blender.stackexchange.com/q/5518/599
http://blender.stackexchange.com/q/19237/599

On 03/10/15 12:24, ertuqueque wrote:
> @gandalf
> 'Cause I'm using a crapload of compositing nodes and heavy use of
> render passes... In a lot of cases it would be incredibly impractical
> to do the compositing work separately.
>
> My scene's compositing setup:
> http://s5.postimg.org/9zgvde9p3/Screenshot_from_2015_03_10_14_44_46.png
>
> Greets.