[Bf-cycles] Would it be possible to implement CPU render for one layer and GPU for other?

ertuqueque ertuqueque at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 18:15:39 CET 2015

Hello.

As the title says... I'm working on an animation that has smoke all over
the place, and because of that, I'm limited to use CPU for the whole render
sequence. This is taking ~2h each frame and is a sequence of 10 seconds...
We're talking about ~20 days of render!...

How crazy is the idea of setting CPU of some render layers and GPU for
others?... I'm not saying to render them at the same time (although would
be even better)... just to automatically render one layer in one device,
then, the other one and fire up the compositing as one would usually do.

Thanks.
tuqueque.