[Bf-cycles] problems with cmakelists in recent cycles version

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 15:47:16 CEST 2015

Nothing really changed in the build systems or libraries structure in the
past two months and i can totally build Cycles with MSVC on my Win7 laptop,
Make sure you don't have some bad CMakeCache.txt.

it is also a good idea to give exact issue explanation including
configuration logs and so because provided information is useless for
troubleshooting:

- libPugiXML is linked statically into OIIO libraries, you don't need
standalone library for it
- LLVM works just fine here, and  all the paths should be set in
precompiled_libs.cmake
- GLEW-MX is an optional dependency, if you have it then fine but both
Cycles and Blender works fine without it

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 2:42 AM, Mohamed Sakr <3dsakr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> last time CMake didn't make any problems with the provided libraries:
> "https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-blender/trunk/lib/"
>
> this was 2 months ago though, I tried last version and got headaches with
> CMake!!
>
> main problems:
> PUGIXML "which is not included, I can compile it, but it should be
> included"
> LLVM_LIBPATH ?? I tried this folder "lib\win64_vc12\llvm\lib" but it
> doesn't work
> GLEW_MX_LIBRARY not included with the libs
>
> the rest are ok.
>
> any idea if I miss something? I checked the libraries and they are the
> same as from 2 months.
> I'm using CMake 3.2.3
>
> cheers,
> Mohamed Sakr