[Bf-cycles] ray epsilon and transparent objects

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 18:05:50 CEST 2015

I guess it is about storing "near clip" (aka ray->tnear from some other
render engines terminology). We indeed don't have because we're pushing ray
forward on surface bounce. See ray_offset() functions for example. It has
own upsides and downsides.

There's a patch [1] where i've been experimenting with changing it to
ray->tnear approach in order to solve some numerical instabilities in the
watertight intersection code, still some work to be done there tho.

In any case, as Antony already pointed out sharing .blend file which
demonstrates the issue makes investigation much simplier.

[1] https://developer.blender.org/D1212

On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 8:47 PM, Antony Riakiotakis <kalast at gmail.com> wrote:

> An image and blend file would go a long way in making things clearer.

With best regards, Sergey Sharybin