[Bf-cycles] Global texture color properties

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 17:28:14 CEST 2015

Hi,

Currently the state of the color management is that Blender has totally
switched to OCIO based color pipeline and Cycles is having it's own color
pipeline. Surely it should all be unified but it's still in a TODO but not
yet implemented,

On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 5:22 PM, Thomas Volkmann <lists at thomasvolkmann.com>
wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> I just loaded a .tx file into the Image-Editor and set the input color
> space to linear. Then I wanted to use that image as a texture, but the
> rendering didn't turn out so well. I have to tell the texture that it is
> "no-color-data". That is A: not true as it would be used for diffuse, and
> B: shouldn't cycles know about that, when I defined the colorspace for that
> image as linear before?
> The Color-Data Non-Color-Data button is not very lucky imho.
>
> cheers,
> Thomas

With best regards, Sergey Sharybin