[Bf-cycles] Defining an official cycles file format

Levon levonh at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 14:33:59 CEST 2015

Ive been writing down some ideas regarding the Cycles XML format.

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Levon/cycles_standalone_format

listing some comparisons between other render engines, and also possible
alternative language's.

I started looking at integrating Cycles into some other 3D Software, and
one thing holding me back is not wanting to invest too much time into
writing out to the current cycles XML that may not stay.

While a good Cycles render API would be a great feature, I.m working on
defining the .xml (or what ever it becomes) format.

Ild like to hear some feedback and ideas from other devs and users.

Im prepared to code it, with input from others.

Thanks :)