[Bf-cycles] Cycles movie textures

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 20:26:27 CEST 2015

Hi,

It's not really supporting loading video files, at least not without
modifications of image manager to support this.

In Blender it's done via so called "builtin" images, which acts as a
callback which gives pixel array for a given image datablock at a given
moment at time. So guess it shouldn't be that hard to extend non-builtin
images to support movies as well.

On Fri, Jul 10, 2015 at 3:46 PM, Mohamed Sakr <3dsakr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering, does Cycles standalone support movie textures? " I know
> this is possible through OpenImageIO" , but I look at the code
> "render/image.cpp" , and didn't find any clue of reading movie files "I
> guess they need arguments like frame offset, frame rate, .., or possibly
> I'm missing something?"
>
> cheers,
> Mohamed Sakr

With best regards, Sergey Sharybin