[Bf-cycles] Branched PT + Correlated Multi-Jitter & MIS on Background increase rendertimes tremendously!

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 21:12:01 CET 2015

Hi,

CMJ could be slower noticeable slower in certain circumstances compared to
Sobol (basically it's slow when operates with NPOT values of
samples/dimensions) and rest two parameters might stress it with such a
values. Hard to tell without looking into exact file if it's just how math
works or there're things to be optimized there. So if you've got sample
small .blend file i would love to look into this issue.

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 1:05 AM, ertuqueque <ertuqueque at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is this a bug or something that can me improved?
>
> As the title says... Experimenting with a rather complex scene/project I'm
> working on, I noticed that mixing Branched Path Tracing, Correlated
> Multi-Jitter sampling and Multiple Importance Sampling on the Background
> settings, increased rendertimes tremendously (50% to 200%). This huge
> impact on rendertimes is just present using this three settings together.
> Other combinations don't have such an impact on rendertimes (barely 5% to
> 20%).
>
> In simple scenes you can get a huge impact on rendertimes also.
>
> Greets.
> tuqueque.

With best regards, Sergey Sharybin