[Bf-cycles] Fwd: Just joined, etiquette, rules please?

James Crowther jamesharrycrowther at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 13:59:43 CET 2015

Hi, I'm new here, just got re-directed to this mailing list by Ton.

I am currently developing an api and associated addon for blender. I spoke
to Brecht Van Lommel and he directed me here to get engaged with cycles
development.

So, you are probably aware of the network render efforts in cycles that
Brecht started, I am working on something very similar. I have already
built a prototype that works, for a brief demo, please refer to this
youtube video -> https://youtu.be/S-oagcuS3Bc (apologies for the sound, its
very quiet and only in one stereo channel due to problems with my editing
software, but you can still get a good understanding of what it does).

I am wanting to work with the developers of cycles to integrate more
closely with it since, at the moment, and though I've managed to get a demo
to work, I think the concept would work a lot better if I could collaborate
with cycles development rather than working in isolation.

I'd love to hear back from you to see what you think and hopefully work
alongside you all :)

Kind Regards

James Crowther