[Bf-cycles] Watertight Intersection?

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 08:41:47 CEST 2015

Watertight ray-to-triangle intersection addresses problem when intersection
might be wrongly ignored in the cases when ray hits edge of triangle,
causing light leaks.

Example of issues caused by non-watertight intersection nature could be
found in the tracker, for example https://developer.blender.org/T34094

On Sat, Aug 22, 2015 at 4:57 AM, Zauber Paracelsus <zauber at gridmail.org>
wrote:

> So, "Watertight Intersection" was a thing that was added to cycles a
> couple releases ago.  And I'm sure this has been discussed elsewhere,
> but what exactly is it?  Is it some raytracing method designed to
> account for floating point inaccuracy?

With best regards, Sergey Sharybin