[Bf-cycles] Sample filtering options

Nathan Vegdahl cessen at cessen.com
Thu Aug 6 17:01:23 CEST 2015

IIRC Cycles uses "filter importance sampling" to do its sample filtering.
This has some advantages, but one of its disadvantages is that it doesn't
work well with filters that have negative lobes (the resulting renders are
very noisy).

All the filters you mention have negative lobes, so although they
technically could be implemented, my guess is that they won't be.  It would
be very unexpected behavior to a user if they switched filters and suddenly
their image was twice as noisey.

--Nathan