[Bf-cycles] ray depth

David Fenner d4vidfenner at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 21:57:27 CEST 2014

Well that was the question, if it was possible to skip bounces of some
lights even when other lights have GI. So it isn't possible? if for example
a scene with 10 lights all with bounces renders in 5 minutes, and the same
but globally no bounces renders in 2 minutes, then what you are saying is
that it is inevitable that if only 1 of the 10 lights have bounces the
scene will always render in the same 5 minutes if GI is used globally (Even
when 9 of 10 lights don't bounce)?? That is the way it is now, I was hoping
that even when GI is globally activated, as long as we started reducing
bounces on the lights that don't need them render times would decrease.