[Bf-cycles] Random values in SVM nodes

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Fri Mar 28 23:17:24 CET 2014

Hi,

I think sampling should be left out of the shader entirely, that's the job
of the integrator. Dispersion should be implemented as a closure.

It can be useful for experimenting, but the closure based design exists to
have a clean separation here. For example the branched path tracer can take
multiple samples for the same shader evaluation, bidirectional methods
might do something similar.

Brecht.