[Bf-cycles] A couple of interesting BVH traversal papers

Matthew Heimlich matt.heimlich at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 15:51:43 CET 2014

Thought I'd toss a couple of interesting BVH papers I'd found recently
onto the mailing list. One is a stackless MBVH method that promises
nice memory savings on the GPU, the other is a paper for CPU path
tracing by Jacco Bikker which he claims can be an order of magnitude
faster than the previous state-of-the-art algorithms. Bikker is the
mind behind Arauna/Brigade for those who don't know. When he speaks up
about BVH speed, I tend to take it seriously!

Anyway, thought they'd be interesting to some folks on here.

Cheers!

http://cg.iit.bme.hu/~afra/publications/afra2013cgf_mbvhsl.pdf

http://arauna2.ompf2.com/files/cgf_article.pdf