[Bf-cycles] Cycles as Default Engine

David Black db4tech at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 19 20:50:32 CEST 2014

Hi,

Have to say I definitely agree. Already made it my default a few years ago.

Skip next line if not interested in my history.
I came to Blender when Cycles development had just begun, so tried both
BI and Cycles, even at that time of early Cycles development (as a new
user) Cycles seemed so much more logical and easier to use.

Pre-sets:
Possibly raising default /Render/ and /Preview/ samples > 10? I see new
users yet to discover the /Sampling/ section wondering why their renders
look noisy.

Maybe two default Tiles sizes, one for GPU and CPU, rather than 64 x 64
for both? Enabling more efficient faster renders for newer users.

Can see a selection of pre-set surface node groups being very helpful
for new users. Good idea!

Thank you,

David

3d-designs-davidblack.blogspot.com