[Bf-cycles] Cycles lib upgrade (LLVM / OIIO / OSL)

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 17:48:31 CEST 2014

We can't switch to LLVM-3.4 so easily, it defines some functions in the
global context which conflicts with the Collada library:
http://www.pasteall.org/53009

Either Collada or LLVM (or both) are to switch to less generic naming for
those functions, otherwise we'll make it impossible to compile blender by
the guys who're using system libs (including platform maintainers in
various linux distros).

On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 5:33 AM, Thomas Dinges <blender at dingto.org> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> I would like to upgrade some libraries for Cycles.
>
> * LLVM 3.4: We use different versions here atm on our platforms, so it
> would be good to unify that and use the same on Windows, Linux and Mac.
> * OIIO 1.4.11
> * OSL 1.5 (currently still in RC3 phase)
>
> I compiled the new OIIO and OSL on Windows x64 with msvc 2013 (still
> against LLVM 3.2 though) tonight to test this. Compilation was easy for
> the most part, I will submit some fixes upstream though.
>
> Sergey, Jens, can you please take a look at this for Linux and Mac OS?
> You might want to wait for the final OSL release though, which should
> happen in a few days.
>
> NOTE: The OSL API changed, so when you compile Blender with the new
> libs, you need to apply this patch first:
> https://developer.blender.org/D662
> Once all platforms are upgraded I will commit this to master.
>
> Thanks,
> Thomas

With best regards, Sergey Sharybin