[Bf-cycles] Cycles lib upgrade (LLVM / OIIO / OSL)

Thomas Dinges blender at dingto.org
Sun Jul 20 01:33:33 CEST 2014

Hi everyone,
I would like to upgrade some libraries for Cycles.

* LLVM 3.4: We use different versions here atm on our platforms, so it
would be good to unify that and use the same on Windows, Linux and Mac.
* OIIO 1.4.11
* OSL 1.5 (currently still in RC3 phase)

I compiled the new OIIO and OSL on Windows x64 with msvc 2013 (still
against LLVM 3.2 though) tonight to test this. Compilation was easy for
the most part, I will submit some fixes upstream though.

Sergey, Jens, can you please take a look at this for Linux and Mac OS?
You might want to wait for the final OSL release though, which should
happen in a few days.

NOTE: The OSL API changed, so when you compile Blender with the new
libs, you need to apply this patch first: https://developer.blender.org/D662
Once all platforms are upgraded I will commit this to master.

Thanks,
Thomas