[Bf-cycles] Lightprobe importance sampling

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Tue Jul 15 05:40:37 CEST 2014

The background is added as a light when MIS is enabled. So just like point
or area lights, it's in the list of lights that will we be used for direct
light sampling. So we are in fact taking light samples, look for
LIGHT_BACKGROUND in the code.

The unusual thing that we do is that we don't take BSDF samples
specifically for a light, but rather take advantage of the BSDF sample that
we are already taking for indirect light bounces.

BSDF samples for the background are handled in indirect_background, and
light samples for the background in direct_emission.