[Bf-cycles] filter for out of focus samples

David Fenner d4vidfenner at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 17:20:32 CEST 2014

I usually do the filtering in compositing, with the Z or mist pass,
adaptively blurring from the focus point to the out focus parts. It works
and it's hardly noticeable, in fact the bokeh shapes are still quite clear
but with less noise. A more automatic way would be very welcome of course,
specially since the mist pass doesn't have anything to do with the camera
focus.