[Bf-cycles] Micropolygon implementation

Nathan Vegdahl cessen at cessen.com
Sat Jan 4 01:57:08 CET 2014

Regarding Monsters 2: I'm probably being needlessly pedantic here, but
isn't RenderMan's raytracing still based on on-the-fly tesselation into
micropolygon grids (using a geometry cache iirc)?  Maybe that doesn't
technically count as micropolygon rendering, but I still think of it as
being strongly related.  It's sort of best-of-both-worlds: you get proper
higher-order surfaces and displacements, and you also get ray traced global
illumination.

--Nathan