[Bf-cycles] Render passes and flat mirrors

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Thu Jan 2 23:33:09 CET 2014

There is indeed no direct way of doing this. I don't know if other
renderers have some way to control this, if the AO and similar pass
work through sharp reflections? I guess that is what custom render
passes could be for, although you'd still have to go into each
material and make them output the pass, so it wouldn't be ideal.

Different materials per render layer are not possible now (except the
single material override for the entire scene). Doing it node or OSL
based would be certainly be possible to implement.