[Bf-cycles] (un)Premultiplyed render passes

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Fri Feb 28 15:23:26 CET 2014

If you combine the passes as shown in the graph there will be no halo, the
output will already be premultiplied.

You would then use the Set Alpha node to give it an alpha channel. (I'm not
sure if that is what you mean by "applying" the alpha channel, you should
not be multiplying it in anyway, only setting it).

Also, black halos are a sign that you have premultiplied when you
shouldn't, it's white halos that you see when you forget to premultiply.

On Feb 28, 2014 1:10 PM, "Adriano Oliveira" <adriano.ufrb at gmail.com> wrote:

> But as long as color passes are not premultyplied, you will get a black
halo when applyig alpha to the final image, don't you?

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.6/Manual/Render/Cycles/Passes#Combining