[Bf-cycles] CUDA error with Cycles_standalone

Zhanpeng Feng jumpjump88 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 21 22:57:36 CET 2014

Hi Brecht,
Thanks for looking into this. This is actually an error introduced by myself. I was trying to get familiar with cycles code by playing with it and I added these three lines to void Session::update_status_time(bool show_pause, bool show_done) function:tonemap();
progress.set_status("Writing Image", params.output_path);
display->write(device, params.output_path);
which now I understand are not supposed to be there.
I have one question though. I would like to be able to save the rendered image from cycles_standalone without invoking the GUI. However, the only function I can find for doing that is display->write(). I think display is a null object if cycles_standalone is run in background mode. So how do we save an image in background mode?
Thanks a lot,Feng