[Bf-cycles] Amd cpu - ati saphire radeon gpu

Nazim Mer nazim.mer at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 17:25:01 CET 2014

Hi,
according that threads participants, AMD 14.1 drivers have a working
implementation...
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?254521-A-good-news-for-AMD-ATI-Graphic-cards-owners/page61

With that in mind, any developer thats adding features to cycles should now
consider using conventions and code suitable enough to work on  both CUDA
and Opencl Capable devices.....

Bare in mind that INTEL,NVIDIA and AMD use opencl.....

Getting things a step closer to multi-platformness should be an objective
for blender cycles.....

As well focus on opencl bug reports(commencing February 1st 2014)

And finally optimizations for the opencl implementation of cycles...

Peace out

PS can cycles developers review the following quote, and possible reflect
this on the cycles code/kernel.....

*So, in the end, for practical purposes pretty much only the basic features
already enabled by default will work. These are the features I really
haven't been able to enable in any way: __LAMP_MIS__ --> doubles the OpenCL
kernel build time, PC hangs or Blender crashes when the render starts
__CAMERA_MOTION__ --> errors in console __HAIR__ --> needs #__MULTI_CLOSURE
to not end up in console errors, but makes Blender crash when compiling the
OpenCL kernel otherwise *

Peace