[Bf-cycles] Clamping just secondary rays

Marco G digitalbath86 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 9 18:06:59 CET 2014

That could be even better and more flexible. IMHO this could also help hair rendering with Hair BSDF potentially,since it involves reflections, it gives fireflies quite easily, thus having this indirect clamping could preservehairs direct highlights and get rid of bright pixels from indirect.
One of the most fireflies-prone setup is tiny radius spot-point lights lighting sharp glossy.I've made a super simple scene (in the link) showing this, using MIS and/or filter glossy doesn't help,the only thing helping is clamp but then we loose the whole tone range.
Link to the scene - http://www.pasteall.org/blend/26752
Thanks. MG