[Bf-cycles] How to turn on MIS in cycles_standalone?

Zhanpeng Feng jumpjump88 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 30 02:23:48 CEST 2014

I am using cycles_standalone to render an interior scene with an emission plane from outside. After 2000 samples the walls and ceiling are still very noisy. I rendered the exact same scene in Blender GUI and the walls and ceiling start getting pretty smooth after a couple hundred samples. This seems to me that the MIS is turned off in the cycles_standalone render, because if I check off MIS in the emission plane in Blender GUI I can produce a similar noisy image. I stepped into the cycles_standalone code and I found that the use_mis boolean is set to true for all shaders though. So I am a little confused about what is going on here? I appreciate anyone's help.

Thanks,Feng