[Bf-cycles] OpenSubdiv article

Marco G digitalbath86 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 24 22:02:29 CEST 2013

Yes indeed would be great if sorted out sooner or later and widely adopted by "everyone"...thinking about this, the last Siggraph notes by Brecht,the google projects going to be finished or developed further (mostly depsgraph, viewport fx, multithreaded DG), and 2.7 series coming,i was wondering what are developers thoughts about which workflow might be pushed more for Blender in the near future.the Pixar one with lower base mesh / OpenSubD / displacement with Ptex etc or the "Arnold" one, with much more heavy base meshes......any more recent thoughts?
Thanks, MG.