[Bf-cycles] Procedural textures - Add or Remove options?

Thomas Dinges blender at dingto.org
Sun Mar 10 10:26:34 CET 2013

Hi everyone,
Cycles' procedural textures still have some options and variations,
which are not enabled atm.

1) Noise Basis (Noise Texture):
I re-enabled this one again and it works fine (both OSL and SVM). GPU
compilation worked fine (sm_13 even) and I tested it on sm_21, which worked.

Images: http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=46909
http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=46910

Patch: http://blender.dingto.org/patches/cycles_noise_tex_types.patch

2) Noise Wave (Wave Texture).:
* There are 3 variations atm, which are not enabled: NODE_WAVE_SINE,
NODE_WAVE_SAW and NODE_WAVE_TRI

Anyway, I think we should either re-enable those or remove the code. I
could port it to an OSL shader, if someone really needs it.

Best regards,
Thomas

--
Thomas Dinges