[Bf-cycles] Blender Viewport performance issue after Cycles render (Example test blend)

David Black db4tech at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jun 24 04:30:48 CEST 2013

No problem Brecht (received your reply after sending my other two messages).

* Can anyone else confirm this problem?

For any developers interested in testing for this issue, please find a
link below for a basic example test blend which illustrates the issue
with recent versions of Blender. My tests were performed with Windows 7 x64.

http://www.pasteall.org/blend/22296

  * Upon opening the scene, rotating the Viewport view should be smooth.
  * Press F12 to render, once titles begin to appear, press Esc to
    return to Viewport view (does not matter if render completes).
  * Rotating the Viewport will probably now be quite slow.
  * Changing Viewport shading to Texture, then back to Solid fixes any
    slowdown.

Rendering with Emitter ticked (Particles panel) and the issue is not
present.
Testing this scene with Blender 2.67-r57293-win64, Blender 2.67b and
there is no Viewport slowdown after F12 Cycles render.

David

PS: Scene is not designed to be accurate or to scale, just a simple
method of creating a complex object group for this example blend.
--

3d-designs-davidblack.blogspot.com
<http://www.3d-designs-davidblack.blogspot.com>