[Bf-cycles] Blender Viewport performance issue after Cycles render (since changing to CUDA Toolkit 5.0)

David Black db4tech at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jun 23 23:17:12 CEST 2013

You are welcome.

* What is the performance like with the NVidia card, is it also 2fps
or somewhere in between?

Tested NVIDIA GTX 580m (cannot test GTX 580 yet due to data backup),
same result, Viewport slowdown to a crawl after F12 Cycles render. Also
tried an Intel HD 3000, plus a virtual machine, VMware running Windows 7
x64, same result in each case.

As an aside, your requested tests have produced an interesting (none
Cycles) finding, as I expected the GTX 580m is slower than a HD 3000 for
Solid shaded Viewport (due to Double sided Normals), what I find
interesting is, Texture shaded Viewport is faster (smoother) than Solid
with a GTX 580m. If okay to ask, is this due to present OpenGL
implementation, or does Texture shaded Viewport automatically disable
doubled sided shading?

Texture shaded is a little slower than Solid for HD 3000, which I
imagine is due to processing performance.

Would you still like me to test Viewport performance after F12 Cycles
render with a GTX 580, once data backup is finished?

David
--

3d-designs-davidblack.blogspot.com
<http://www.3d-designs-davidblack.blogspot.com>