[Bf-cycles] BVH White Papers

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Wed Jun 19 17:29:35 CEST 2013

Hi,

Our implementation is in fact based on the SBVH code from NVidia, same
as the first paper. We now have some code from Intel too to optimize
the building and traversal code further, but the overall idea is still
there. The MSBVH is an interesting optimization to improve the BVH for
motion blur. That can be looked at once deformation motion blur is
working.

No rewrite is needed, once you are more familiar with the BVH
implementation you'll see how these algorithms can be added to the
existing code. First focus on implementing a "moving triangle"
primitive in the existing BVH, and once you have deformation motion
blur working with that you can look at deeper changes to the BVH if
needed.

Brecht.