[Bf-cycles] 3 way cuda performance comparison on sm_21 and sm_20 cards

Martijn Berger martijn.berger at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 22:55:07 CEST 2013

I did some benchmarking with 3 versions of the cuda toolkit on my box.

My interpretation of the results is that it could be good to move to cuda
5.0.
But more importantly 24 max registers seems to be sub optimal in the scenes
I have tested with.

It could maybe be good to see if the default for sm_21 and sm_20 cards
could be moved to 32 as it is for sm_3x currently.

Also note that I tested with the release 2.67b linux from b.org.

Martijn