[Bf-cycles] Motion Blur Implementation

Gavin Howard gavin.d.howard at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 20:33:05 CEST 2013

     Hello all,

     Brecht, thank you. I will get going on that patch. Stuart, if you
don't think that's a good idea, let me know. Otherwise, I'll use that to
focus my code exploration.

     Nate, because of the nature of deformation motion blur, it will
include curved blur. It has to. The reason is because most deformation is
done by rotation. My current plan is to simply add multi-step export to the
Cycles addon. (All you smart devs should yell at me if that's a bad idea.)
I am also going to browse LuxRender's source code to see how they did it.
Regardless, at the end of this summer, not only will Cycles have
deformation motion blur, it will get multi-step export (steps will be
specified by the user) and curved motion blur by side effect.

     God Bless,
     Gavin Howard