[Bf-cycles] Motion Blur Implementation

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Sun Jun 9 14:34:12 CEST 2013

We should support exporting at the exact shutter time. At the time I
implemented motion blur evaluation at subframes was actually broken
for shape keys and physics systems so I didn't use it, but that has
been fixed since.

However, exporting motion from the frame positions may be useful to
keep as it may give more predictable results in some cases. When
you're editing animations that's the only thing you actually see in
animation playback, so the motion between those frames may contain
some unexpected things that you don't want to render.

I don't know how common that is, did not look at .blend files yet to
see how different the results are, if it is an issue we should
probably have an option (off by default) to only export motion from
integer frame numbers and no subframes.