[Bf-cycles] No Caustics Feature

Nate Wiebe natewiebe13 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 16:10:32 CET 2013

After watching this video by Sebastian (http://youtu.be/4-yCJlcXjOg), I'm
wondering if it's possible to have this happen in the background
automatically when enabling 'No Caustics'.

It seems to me that the purpose of No Caustics isn't to remove GI or bounce
lighting. It would be a pain to have to manage two sets of materials if you
want to render a scene sometimes with and sometimes without caustics during
an animation.

If it doesn't become the default action, it would be great to have an
option somewhere to make this happen without having to change the
materials. It greatly improves the scene without adding in the overhead of
caustics.

If there is a reason this could not work properly, I'd like to hear.

-Nate