[Bf-cycles] Cycles criteria to set the default CUDA computing device

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 23:26:20 CET 2013

Hi Brecht,

You explained me about the CU_DEVICE_ATTRIBUTE_KERNEL_EXEC_TIMEOUT over
IRC, but I wanted to double-check if I got it right.
I have a system with three GPUs, all of them setup as "Display GPU".

In this case, should we have the CUDA_MULTI* as the automatic option if we
set CUDA as device?
Or to have CUDA_0 as the default (as it is now) is the expected behaviour?

The available computing devices:
('Intel Xeon CPU', 'Tesla M2070', 'Tesla M2070', 'Tesla M2070', 'Tesla
M2070 (3x)')
(‘CUDA_0′, ‘CUDA_1′, ‘CUDA_2′, ‘CUDA_MULTI_2′)

And with this patch [1] I get the following info:
[1] http://www.pasteall.org/38837

*** Begin CUDA Debug
CUDA device 0 is a Display GPU
CUDA device 0 has "14"