[Bf-cycles] Future of the non-progressive renderer and Cycles strand rendering

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Mon Jan 7 20:49:57 CET 2013

This paper indeed looks like it would better starting point, mainly
because it includes support for all terms R/TT/TRT instead of just R.
The Hery paper indeed seems to have a slight error but I wouldn't call
it unstable, the difference is quite difficult to see (and Pixar used
it successfully for a year ...). There is also code in the
supplemental material so it should be easy to implement too.

Brecht.