[Bf-cycles] Future of the non-progressive renderer and Cycles strand rendering

Stuart Broadfoot gbroadfoot at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 4 15:35:53 CET 2013

Hi Matthew,
    As Brecht says, there’s a lot to do for the basics to be fully functional. Once that is done it would be good to implement everything you mentioned. I can not find many details on implementing a minimum pixel size for path tracing though. All I could find is this very short paper/abstract http://research.lighttransport.com/distance-aware-ray-tracing-for-curves/asset/abstract.pdf. Brecht, do you have any thoughts on this or know of any other good papers? As for further features, Dual scattering mentioned in the paper http://www.cemyuksel.com/research/dualscattering/dualscattering.pdf would be brilliant but this is a large feature to add.

Stuart