[Bf-cycles] Cycles GPU render

Germano Cavalcante germano.costa at ig.com.br
Tue Feb 26 14:34:20 CET 2013

I believe it's about NVidia.
This is the original post:
"
*Re: What's wrong with this
file?<http://devgurus.amd.com/message/1287362#1287362>
*
[image: himanshu.gautam]
<http://devgurus.amd.com/people/himanshu.gautam>[image:
Apprentice]
*himanshu.gautam <http://devgurus.amd.com/people/himanshu.gautam> *22/02/2013
20:59 (em resposta a Germano
Cavalcante<http://devgurus.amd.com/message/1287363#1287361>
)

Thank you Germano.  Will pass it on.

As I can see, mikepan blend (bmw) works on nvidia Opencl platform.

Do you have any data on how much memory their OpenCL compilation take (and
how long do they take?)

I will see if I can get a local setup here to measure it.... But, if you
have some ready made data - it will be useful.

Thanks,

Regards

Himanshu

--------------------------------

The information presented in this document is for informational purposes
only and may contain technical inaccuracies, omissions and typographical
errors. Links to third party sites are for convenience only, and no
endorsement is implied".

2013/2/26 Antony Riakiotakis <kalast at gmail.com>

> On 26 February 2013 13:44, Brecht Van Lommel <brechtvanlommel at pandora.be>
> wrote:
> > If you enable all kernel features, at least 8 GB before it crashes
> > here. When disabling most features and using an ambient occlusion only
> > render, it's about 1 GB.
> >

> Is this information on NVIDIA or AMD? I thought NVIDIA could at least
> compile some extra features apart from ambient occlusion.

Germano Cavalcante