[Bf-cycles] THIS THREAD IS IN NEED OF CYCLES DEVELOPERS

Mike Farnsworth mike.farnsworth at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 20:50:38 CET 2013

Caveat: I was contributing patches for Cycles up until March 2012, and now
am working on a commercial renderer so I can't do that anymore; I'm not a
"current" Cycles developer but I still follow this list.

Answer: Is there an actual problem?  You didn't describe one, and unless
you're getting attacked by a criminal with a deadly weapon then yelling
"HELP" with no explanation is just inappropriate attention-seeking
behavior.  All-caps (and repeated emails in the past about AMD OpenCL)
makes many people feel like the parent who has to tell their child "no"
just because the kid asks for candy too insistently.

If you really want Cycles developers to work on particular issues, you need
complete three steps:
1) Come up with a pile of money that would motivate them to change their
priorities
2) Offer it to the Blender Foundation contingent on it being spent on
development of these features
3) Pray they'll actuallly do it

An alternate plan that would work well (the do-it-yourself route):
1) learn to be a good programmer
2) contribute patches

Otherwise, their priorities are what they are, and they're set as they are
for good reason.

Have a nice day, and thanks for reading.  I hope you can spell out what's
ailing you in Cycles,

-Mike