[Bf-cycles] Enabling hair rendering on GPU?

Tobias Oelgarte tobias.oelgarte at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 18 00:31:59 CET 2013

Am 17.02.2013 22:42, schrieb Stuart Broadfoot:
>    I was hoping to enable GPU rendering when using triangle primitives for
> hair rendering sometime. This is quite straightforward. Unfortunately, this
> primitive uses the most memory and it wasn't my highest priority. So, the
> mesh generation needs improving. For the other curve primitives it is hard
> to say when it will be working well. A higher priority for me would be
> optimizing for CPU a little more. I could produce a simple patch that
> re-enables GPU rendering for testing though?

That would be nice. The intial versions were already awesome and i would
really like to play around with it even more.

I'm wondering if it would be useful to create the intersection
meshes/curves on the fly if the bounding box for a segment is it. This
is obviously slower, but it could save a lot of memory. I guess the CPU
implementation does this already for curved segments. Right?